Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Checker

The Bride at the Door
Song of Solomon 5:5 I arose to my beloved; And my hands dripped with myrrh, and my fingers with liquid myrrh, On the handles of the bolt.


Here the Shulamite, is awakened and is looking out the doors for her beloved. The doors are currently open for her to seek Him out. Her hands dripping with myrrh are symbolic of the struggles in her heart to be transformed .
She is preparing herself for her "Beloved".

Friday, June 18, 2010

Persecution


New Living Translation (©2007)

Song of Solomon 3:2

So I said to myself, "I will get up and roam the city, searching in all its streets and squares. I will search for the one I love." So I searched everywhere but did not find him.





World English Bible

Song of Solomon 5:7

The watchmen who go about the city found me. They beat me. They bruised me. The keepers of the walls took my cloak away from me.
 
 


 
 
 6) I looked for him, but I didn’t find him.
I called him, but he didn’t answer. 7) The watchmen who go about the city found me.
They beat me.
They bruised me.
The keepers of the walls took my cloak away from me. 8) I adjure you, daughters of Jerusalem,

If you find my beloved,
that you tell him that I am faint with love.



Have you ever searched for God and felt beat up by the very people assigned to protect you, the watchmen?...
 then this is for you...
keep looking...
He wants to be found!
 Lee
acrylic 24 x 36

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful artwork, Lee. And such a profound message! I love your interpretation of Song of Songs. Unique and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow!!! So very true...I had never thought of it in quite this way! And the painting is absolutely extraordinary, Lee!! I love it so very, very much!!! Her eyes tell such a story...and the pairing of your words and painting creates an image that I will NEVER EVER forget!!!!!!! This touched me so very deeply...I can't even begin to express what it meant to me...I'll be back...to meditate on this and admire your painting over and over again...I am sure of THAT!!!! Love you so very, very much, dear friend! ~Janine XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just here to admire again...and to reread your beautiful words...Love you so very, very much!!! Janine XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I would be delighted to hear your comments.
Lee